Friday, September 11, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

I've been looking forward to this recipe from my friend Elisa all week. I noticed that I had several very ripe bananas this morning so I figured what a better way to use them than on this new recipe!
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 ripe bananas
1 c sugar
3/4 c salted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Combine flour, soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mash two of the bananas, being sure to leave chunks. With an electric mixer, mix sugar and remaining two bananas for three minutes. Add butter, eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Fold in the banana chunks. Pour into the loaf pan and tap to get rid of bubbles. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.

0 comments: