Monday, September 14, 2009

Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

My friend brought me over several zucchini's the other day and I finally got to them this morning. My daughter and I made some zucchini bread and I then I shredded the rest and threw them in the freezer for another day! Desi, I still hope that you put your zucchini bread on here since others love your bread as well!

2 c. sugar
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. soda
1/4 t. baking powder
2 eggs
3/4 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
2 c. shredded raw zucchini

Using the kneading arm in your mixer, combine the sugar, whole wheat flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, and baking powder. Stop the mixer and add eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini and knead well. Add nuts and raisins and blend again. Pour into 2 greased and floured 4 ½ x 8 ½ or 7 - 3x5 loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes at 350.

0 comments: